This sirloin spinach salad is so delicious that it’s hard to believe it’s actually healthy. This salad is a particularly good option for those who follow a low carb diet. It works well as lunch or for supper. When it comes to making this salad, I recommend making at least 2 servings at a time so you have another meal prepared ahead of time.
-approximately 4 oz.’s of sirloin steak (or about 115 g’s per serving)
-tomato’s (I used cherry tomato’s in this recipe but feel free to use any kind)
1. Preheat a frying pan and then spray it with non-stick spray.
2. While waiting for the frying pan to heat up, wash, peel, and chop onion. If the mushrooms you bought didn’t come pre-sliced, wash and chop them as well.
3. Add chopped mushrooms and onions to heated pan and stir around occasionally for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
4. Add sirloin steak to the same pan and cook for about 5 minutes or so, alternating sides. Feel free to add pepper or low-salt spices to the steak.
5. Remove steak from pan and cut into smaller pieces on a cutting board. Depending on how well you like your steak done, you may want to place it back on the frying pan again after you’ve cut it into smaller pieces.
6. Combine spinach, tomato’s, onions and mushroom mix, steak, top with dressing, and enjoy!
-Be VERY careful when choosing salad dressings. So many people ruin a perfectly healthy salad by choosing the wrong dressing. In fact, some dressings are 80+ calories with at least 8 grams of fat for only a tablespoon (15 ml). I recommend a vinaigrette or yogurt based dressing. Make sure you read the label. The calorie-wise Italian dressing you see in the “ingredients pics” has only 5 calories per tablespoon so it’s a perfect option.