When it comes to dips, I think a sour cream and onion dip is generally one of everyone’s favorites. The problem, however, is that most are high in fat, salt, and calories for such a small amount. The great thing with this sour cream and onion dip is that not only is it incredibly delicious, low in calories, contains 20 grams of protein, and is quick to make. This dip makes it easy to slam back some healthy veggies like carrots, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower. It works great as a morning/afternoon snack (great to take to work in a dish) or if you need a little snack in the evening.
– 175 ml/3/4 cup of plain greek yogurt
– 4 tablespoons of light sour cream (or 1/4 of a cup)
– 2 teaspoons of onion powder
– 2 teaspoons of dehydrated chive rings
1. First, thoroughly mix the greek yogurt and sour cream in a bowl. Then add in the onion powder and mix thoroughly again. Finally, add in the chive rings and mix once again.
2. Serve with you favorite vegetables and enjoy!
-When choosing a greek yogurt, stick to ones that ONLY have skim milk and bacterial cultures listed as the ingredients. The flavored greek yogurts are loaded with sugar.