This is a much different version of egg salad sandwich as we will be using fried eggs instead of hard boiled ones. This cuts down on the prep time. Aside from being simple, this sandwich is tasty, healthy, and satisfying. It works well for lunch, supper, or even breakfast. I made this sandwich very basic but feel free to add onions or any other vegetables you so choose.
-1 whole egg
-1/3 cup of liquid egg whites or 3 egg whites
-2 slices of whole-wheat bread
-2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
1. Preheat a frying pan to high heat.
2. While frying pan is heating up, crack egg, measure out 1/3 cup of liquid egg whites or 3 egg whites and mix in a bowl.
3. Lightly spray pan with some cooking spray (I use olive oil spray) and reduce heat to medium. Add in egg mixture and continuously scramble them.
I prefer to cook my eggs very lightly and only scramble then until there’s no longer any liquid left.
4. After eggs are cooked, add in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, pepper, and mix together.
5. Add finished mixture to 2 slices of whole-wheat bread and enjoy!
-When choosing bread, ALWAYS opt for the least processed ones that have the most natural ingredients. For example, the bread I am using only has 140 calories per 2 slices. It has 28 grams of carbs, 4 grams of fiber, and only 1 gram of sugar. It also has ZERO artificial preservatives. Ezekiel bread is also an excellent choice. When you go for healthier breads the shelf life isn’t as long. You can freeze some if you don’t suspect you’ll use it all at once. Bread from the bakery is often loaded with sugar and empty calories.
-DO NOT buy fat-free mayonnaise. Most fat-free mayonnaise have lots of sugar to give it flavor. Opt for a light version instead.