This a healthy and tasty supper or lunch option.
-1/2 cup of black beans (opt for low sodium)
-approximately 1/4 cup of light cheese
-4 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
-2 tablespoons of light sour cream
-1/2 cup of salsa
-Mrs. Dash seasoning blend (I use Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend Salt-Free)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. While waiting for oven to heat up, put chicken on a tray with some tin foil and add some Mrs. Dash seasoning on top of it. You can also put the chicken breasts in a baking dish and spray it with some cooking spray to prevent sticking. (I prefer olive oil cooking spray)
2. Put your chicken in the oven and let it cook. I find 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes is ideal for my oven. The time may vary slightly for different brands/models of ovens. DO NOT under cook chicken. I made this mistake before and became so ill I thought I was dying. After your chicken is cooked, it’s a good idea to cut it up into thin slices
3. Drain cup and measure out 1/2 cup of black beans in a dish.
4. Cup up peppers
5. Measure out 4 oz. of chicken on a scale. (I use this scale)
6. Put black beans, weighed out chicken, peppers, cheese, and 2 tablespoons of sour cream in a bowl or on a plate and enjoy!
-Feel free to add as much Mrs. Dash as you want. It’s made with all natural ingredients, and the best part is that it’s salt-free.
-Stick to REAL chicken breasts. Some frozen chicken breasts/strips have upwards of 10 ingredients. What I like to do is buy a bunch when they’re on sale since I eat a ton of chicken. They stay good for a long time in the freezer.